Today Chrome has millions of active users. The interface of Google Chrome is also very simple. But sometimes users face Allow Chrome to access the network in your firewall or antivirus settings error message on your screen. This error appears when your antivirus or firewall is interrupting the network. But there can be other reasons also which can lead to this error.
Allow Chrome to access the network in your firewall error can occur when some malicious programs have affected the browser. Malware like spyware, keyloggers, bots etc not only steal data from your website but can also corrupt the files and make changes on your web browser. But you can also get this error when your antivirus or firewall blocks the network. When a firewall suspects any malware on the network, it blocks the incoming traffic immediately and your browser starts showing the allow chrome to access the network in your firewall or antivirus settings Mac. In some cases, the error appears due to the misconfiguration of DNS settings.
How to allow Chrome to access the network in your firewall or antivirus settings?
This is one of the most common errors faced by many Chrome users. Whenever you see this error message on your screen then check the Chrome firewall settings immediately. You have to go to the firewall settings of your device and check which programs are allowed and which are not. Sometimes users have blocked the network on the firewall which can get you into this kind of error. The firewall allows you to set the trusted and untrusted network. If you are trying to access an untrusted network then your firewall will immediately block it.
For troubleshooting the error, you have to add the exception to the Windows firewall settings:
- Close the web browser
- Click on Start menu
- Go to Control Panel
- Click on Windows Firewall
- Select the System and Security option
- A new window will appear
- Click on Allow program through Windows firewall option (left side)
- A list of all the installed items will appear
- Check for the Google Chrome
- If the Chrome is not available on the list then click on Allow another program option
- Add Chrome on the list
Now check the status of Google Chrome and ensure that both Private and Public checkboxes are checked. Tap the OK button for saving all the changes and then restart your Chrome browser. If your Chrome browser is still showing the allow Chrome to access the network error message then seek other solutions.
Check the Google Chrome antivirus settings
You should check the settings of your antivirus also. If you have mistakenly blocked the Chrome on antivirus settings then this kind of error may appear. If you have a Windows 10 device then you will get Windows Defender as a built-in tool. You have to check the settings of Windows Defender and all an exception. Follow the given steps for adding an exception to Windows Defender:
- Go to the Start button
- Navigate to Settings
- Choose the Update and Security tab
- Click on Open Windows Security option
- Hit the Virus & Threat Protection button
- Now scroll down and click on Manage settings option
- Scroll down and choose Exclusion option
- Tap the Add or Remove exclusion tab
- Hit the Add an exclusion button and choose the folder
- Navigate to Program files and choose the Chrome folder and hit the Select folder button
Finally hit the OK button for saving all the changes. Restart your device and open Google Chrome.
Check for Google Chrome Firewall Settings
You should check the firewall of your Windows device and allow Chrome as an exception. Follow the given steps for adding Chrome on Windows Defender Firewall:
- Press Windows and R keys
- Run box will appear
- Type control on the Run bar and press Enter button
- Control Panel will appear
- Go to System and Security
- Select Windows Defender Firewall
- Go to Allow feature through Windows Defender Firewall
- Tap the Change Settings button
- Click on Yes button
- Choose Allow another app option
- From the Add an App option, navigate to Program Files
- Choose Google Chrome
Hit the Add button and save the settings. Once you add Chrome as an exception, then you can easily access Google Chrome.